Firstly there is no emergency action you must take during the migration period.
However, there ARE actions that EVERY customer must take within the following 60 days.
1. The migration with occur at 1am, Sunday 20 February 2011 Sydney time. It is expected that there will be up to 6 hours where Australian based sites will be down, with a message "Site currently unavailable due to maintenance".
2. After this time, every domain name that you use to direct visitors to your website will need to have one of two changes made. These changes are well documented here: http://www.bcstatus.com/instructions
If you are uncertain of who your Registrar is, visit this page and enter your domain name: http://whois.domaintools.com/ Once you do a look up for your domain name, you will find your DNS registrar in the 'Registrar Name' section.
Why are these changes happening?
The new datacentre is built using high-end industry standard hardware and server technologies. The main business benefits include:
- Improved Reliability: with built-in hardware and software redundancy for all critical systems, the new datacenter prevents downtime caused by single system failures and enables customers to continue running their online business without disruption
- Increased performance: built using latest, state of the art hardware and server technologies, this new datacenter delivers higher performance and enables websites to load faster for a better customer experience
- Higher capacity: three times more capacity than currently available and built-in expansion capabilities will cover growing customer demand for traffic and space
Adobe have credited each site with 1 month free licence.